valiant adj : having or showing valor; "a valiant attempt to prevent the hijack"; "a valiant soldier" [syn: valorous]
- /ˈvæljənt/, /"v
Valiant may refer to:
- Eddie Valiant, Californian private investigator and one of the main characters in Who Censored Roger Rabbit? and its film adaptation, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- USS Valiant (NCC-74210), ship in the Star Trek universe featured in the Deep Space Nine episode Valiant
- "Valiant" (DS9 episode), episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Valiant : A Modern Tale of Faerie, urban fantasy novel by Holly Black
- Valiant, airborne aircraft carrier in Doctor Who.
- Destin Faroda, the Valiant of Ogre Battle
- BT-13 Valiant, World War II-era basic trainer aircraft built by Vultee Aircraft for the United States Army Air Corps
- HMS Valiant (1863), ironclad battleship of the Hector class
- HMS Valiant (1914), Queen Elizabeth-class battleship of the Royal Navy
- HMS Valiant (S102), the second of Britain's nuclear-powered submarines
- USCGC Valiant (WMEC-621), United States Coast Guard medium endurance cutter
- USS Valiant, two United States Navy ships
- Valiant class submarine, the first fully British nuclear fleet submarine
- Valiant tank, British tank design of the Second World War
- Vickers Valiant, British bomber
In other fields:
- Valiant Records, independent record label which was acquired in 1965 by Warner Bros.
- The Valiants is the nickname of the UK football club Port Vale F.C..
- The Valiant Sixty were a group of early leaders and activists in the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in the latter part of the 17th century.
People named Valiant:
valiant in Italian: Valiant
valiant in Japanese: ヴァリアント
valiant in Finnish: Valiant
Achilles, David, Hector, Roland, Samson, a man, audacious, bold, bold-spirited, brave, bulldog, chivalric, chivalrous, chutzpanik, courageous, dauntless, decorated hero, demigod, demigoddess, doughty, fearless, fighting cock, gallant, gamecock, good soldier, greathearted, hardy, hero, heroic, heroine, herolike, intrepid, ironhearted, knightlike, knightly, lion, lionhearted, man of courage, manful, manly, paladin, soldierlike, soldierly, stalwart, stout, stouthearted, the brave, tiger, undaunted, valiant knight, valorous